Restylane, a temporary dermal filler, is one of the safest and most commonly used fillers in the UK.
Restylane offers a complete, natural and safe solution for the treatment of facial lines, deeper wrinkles, shaping facial contours and lip augmentation.
The result is instantaneous and produces a long-lasting, natural enhancement, gentle and safe to your skin.
To assess your suitability for Restylane treatment you will require an initial consultation with our aesthetician. You can book your complimentary consultation for restylane treatment at our London clinic here.
How does Restylane work?
Restylane is a crystal-clear, non-animal, biodegradable gel based on a natural substance, called hyaluronic acid, that has been stabilised for longevity. The gel is injected into the skin in tiny amounts with a very fine needle. When injected into the skin, Restylane produces volume that smoothes the wrinkle or fold, shapes the facial contour or enhances the lips in a natural way.
What areas can be treated with Restylane?
The most common areas that are treated with Restylane include;
- Peri-oral lines around the mouth - Lipstick Lines
- Nasolabial Lines – these run from the corners of the mouth to the base of the nose.
- Oral Commissures – Marionettes or sad mouth
- In the lips. Thin or uneven lips benefit from the extra fullness Restylane fillers can provide.
The treatment of peri-orbital, forehead and glabella lines can be treated with Restylane, but are more commonly treated in the first instance with muscle relaxant injections.
How long does the Restylane injection take?
The Restylane treatment itself is very short, generally taking no longer then 30 minutes to administer.
How many treatments of Restylane are required?
The temporary filler normally lasts 6 - 12 months depending on the individual and the area which has been treated. Restylane for lips will last 6 months but again this depends on the individual and how your body degrades the product. Regular top up treatments of Restylane are normally recommended to maintain the effect, but you may have a one-off treatment specifically for a special event.
After Restylane treatment.
- You will experience some redness and swelling immediately after Restylane treatment which usually subsides within 48 hours, except in the lip where swelling can last for slightly longer.
- It is best to avoid touching the treated area or wearing make-up for 6 hours following Restylane treatment.
- Avoid extreme temperatures (saunas, sun beds, skiing, snowboarding) and the gym for 48 hours.
- If you are considering Restylane treatments prior to a special event allow at least a week or two for swelling, redness and potential bruising to settle completely.
Are there any contraindications with Restylane treatment?
Our aesthetician will address in detail any contraindications associated with Restylane at your consultation.